270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Viper discontinued  (Read 6099 times)

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
Viper discontinued
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:28:43 pm »
As far as the nissan exchange, Chrysler can't build a car that's worth a damn and nissan can't build a truck that's worth a damn. So basically they are gonna help Chrysler build a car and in return theyll get help building a truck.

Just Imagine how many rep points I'd have if I didn't piss off so many people.

DF Member  "But I'm not going to get to pissed at you, might need to sick you on some ahole one day"

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
Re: Viper discontinued
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:04 pm »
Oh more corp. bonding crap great. Hopfully that wont effect the dodge rams.

My lug nuts take more torque than your ricer makes.

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:57:27 pm »
it shouldnt affect our rams, dont think any real ram owners would jump ship for a dodge built nissan anyways. Titan is getting their ass handed to them by the tundra so they are needing to do something. their IFS is a piece of crap, control arms etc crap out aftere 35" tires are put on. just doesnt hold up like it should...
itll be interesting to see what the nissan/chrysler car will look like and perform...

DF Member  "But I'm not going to get to pissed at you, might need to sick you on some ahole one day"

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:49:16 am »
I hope theres no company merger in the future, i cant see anything good coming out of that

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:58:27 am »
well it wouldnt be a horrible decision, but daimlers decision to buy chrysler was poor...
mercedes only knows how to build awesome cars or crap cars... my parents drive mercedes, the real merceds, the ones that are 80k+ not the stupid C or E class crap. IMO mercedes really screwed up making a veh for 30k... anyways, other than putting their diesels in a few vehicles they really couldnt help much as they are not familiar with 15-25k car market. Nissan however is, so they could really help out in a few areas of chrysler. i would rather them not merge, but would prefer to see a sharing of knowlege under contracts. but i dont know how long cerberus is wanting to hold onto chrysler before dumping it so they may pressue nissan into buying chrysler.

hey i like  youre hood scoop as well as your lug nut joke

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:59:13 pm »
heh thanks man. I was tired of having ricers wind up half a mile behind me so they can "blow past me". So one day i decided to just keep up with 'em to show what tq is  :devil2: Then i thought of this, gotta find a bumper sticker of it though. Anywho, i know what  mean about  merceds, my dad had an 80k+ car (had to sell it for a truck  :punk: landscaping hehe) and it was awsome. then we try out a lower one and it was hell no. I can see good coming out of knowledge exchange, but i think  dodge needs to focus on its trucks and cars a little more. Chevy Titan and ford are beating us. Whether its insane or not people are going to be buying the 1500s with the higher towing capacity. I.E, not dodge, we have the lowest towing now, with the second highest power output. Whether you think a 1500 pulling 9100lbs is alot the 11k the others are pulling will be looked at more. Along with fuel eco. If im not mistaken chevy has better Eco then we do. And we just loose hands down with TQ and towing....But we look the coolest :clown:

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:16:18 pm »
LOL yeah dodge looks the best hands down. I could tow my 20ft pontoon with my 4.7 with no issues.
Dodge has always sucked on mpg for any veh. I don't think people will really be swayed just over towing caps as more people don't trailer anything. Even if you use it as a work truck the bed usually is enough. Even if your dad has a 16 foot trailer loaded down with plants or small trees I think almost 5 tons would be enough. Our torque converters suck and we lose a lot of power at that transfer point.
Also when the Titan first came out they boasted a 11k+ towing cap and eventually rerated to 10k and then 9k, this was with now changes to the engine but they simple overstated its safe max.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 06:48:40 pm »
hah wow, ill never trust a toyota or nissan truck, first off i hate the way they look. Second there is no japanese word for truck (for toyota), so no. Yeah that is true, most ppl who get the 1500 dont really tow. I really dont at all except for mustang on trailer and thats not heavy at all. Torque converters huh, maybe ill have to switch mine out. i really dont know what that involves (only have really done engine work) but im sure it will cause that tranny to be dropped out. Oh well its prob worth it, and yes we do have the baddest of the bad ass look.

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:09:43 pm »
www.specriteconverters.com
they make em how you want em, don't even think they have an inventory as they take all the specs from you and build em.
Have low to high stall rpms, racing or towing categories.
I'm not concerned as if I wanted extra speed I'd have bought a 5.7 instead of a 4.7, they didn't have any qc 4x4 5.7 on the lot when I bought my truck, other than Laramie and I don't want leather in my truck. Can't hold up to the mud or my knife in my back pocket.
Plus I get better mpg and can use 87 instead of 89 at the pump.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 09:30:12 pm »
thanks ill have to look into that

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 03:21:27 am »
no prob, expect 400-800 bucks depending on specs. Plus install at a tranny shop. Don't know if yer coming up on a tranny fluid change but it would be nice to time the two.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 06:53:24 am »
yeah i just changed mah tranny fluid but ill prob wait till i gotta change again

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 07:09:02 am »
what atf did you use?
I'm at 33k and need to do my first one, want to use amsoil, already use it in the diffs, won't change it again for till I'm at 125k on the odo and got amsoil in the crankcase, 7k in and got another 13k miles to go before I'm changing that.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 07:59:53 pm »
actually i dnt knowthis might have been stupid but i too it in to the shop and gad a flush  so im not sure what they put in, but i do know its shifting alot smoother.

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 08:11:07 pm »
yeah there's a machine called the T tech that more and more places are using. This way they can charge you the same as they would with a drop n fill but takes far less effort. I just don't like that the filters don't get replaced. Plus I can't see how the filters are completely cleaned out that way. No maybe if they were like k&n filters that are desined to be cleaned I might go that route. Would you change yer oil and keep the same oil filter on? 
Amsoil ATF is rated for 100k miles as long as you dont cook the tranny fluid.
Now I may be wrong in this, I dont think your torque converter drains when you drop the tranny pan and refill it, so in that aspect the flush replaces more fluid but not by that much.
Jiffy lube got in trouble a local news station did an undercover sting at like 9-12 places and most of them didn't even use the t tech they just charged you for it. Ha!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc